You are here

Who should I appoint as Executors?

Any adult person or a bank may be appointed as an Executor. One of them could be the person who is going to receive the biggest share of your estate, such as your husband or your partner. Relatives and close family friends can be Executors. There is also a Government department known as the Public Trustee. It's easy to appoint another Executor later if you want to do so by means of a codicil. If you appoint a professional trustee do remember that they will charge for their service.